This is our first original WordPress theme release. While we continue to create custom themes for clients, this has been a long-standing goal: to start releasing free, quality themes to the blogging community. Who knows where else this will lead?? Anyway, we’ve submitted the site to wordpress.org, though it is yet to be approved to the repository. This theme is free to use and modify as you please. If you do modify it, or have a question on how to modify it, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload the theme folder via FTP to your wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and select Appearance.
- Select iM-Ice WordPress theme.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance >Themes > Install Themes
- Choose ‘Upload’ from the text links.
- Browse to the zipped folder named ‘im-ice’. Hit upload.
There are two sizes of thumbnails in this theme: Featured Post thumbnails (320px x 230px) and Regular Post thumbnails (115px x 115px). If you are switching from a theme that uses different thumbnail sizes, you will have to regenerate your thumbnails in order for them to appear as they should in the iM-Ice theme.
Download the plugin to regenerate thumbnails from here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/
This theme has two menus, both compatible with WordPress 3.0’s custom menus: a Top Menu (drop down), and a Left Menu. You can use the second menu on pages or posts, as a widget in the sidebar. The first menu should be used in the theme header. The dropdown only accommodates 2 levels – if you’d like more, you’re welcome to modify the code, or email me to modify it for you.
- Create a new category, and call it ‘Featured’. Note: the name of the category is important. If you name it anything else, it won’t work
- The latest post in the ‘Featured’ category will always appear in the ‘featured post’ section of the theme. All older posts, including those in the ‘Featured’ category, will appear in the loop.
- Standard Post-Thumbnails for the Featured post is 320px(width) x 230px(height). You should always include an image/thumbnail for this section, or the theme will display the default iM-Ice image instead.
All pages and posts have space for excerpts. The default excerpt length on the index and category pages is 30 characters. On posts, the excerpt serves as a blurb or introduction to the article (if you do not put in a custom excerpt for an article, WordPress will take the first 55 characters of your post, and use it in that space).
The font used in this template is ‘Arvo’, designed by Anton Koovit. You can visit his site http://anton.korkork.com/ if you want to know more about this font.
This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. The full text of this license, with an FAQ can be found here http://scripts.sil.org/OFL